Camera Hannah - Alternative Wedding Photography Derby UK: A little message for all you lovely suppliers

Tuesday 20 January 2015

A little message for all you lovely suppliers

So, I've had lots of emails from make up artists, hairdressers, venues, florists etc lately asking for photos from weddings we've done together so I thought it might be helpful to put together a little post to you guys in case. Maybe it's just that time of year when we get it together to update our websites. 

You might have spotted this guide to making the most of your photos which includes a little bit of info about commercial use but I thought I'd elaborate especially for suppliers. 




My couples don't have permission to give you use of the images for your business, because commercial use isn't included in their package and I retain copyright… so if you'd like to use my images to promote your business then you need to come to me. 

I'm pretty open to this, but it's not a free for all. Once they're in one place without a credit they can spread, they find their way onto all sorts of places. They get filters applied to them, which spoils the aesthetic that I've worked really hard to create or worse, I've even seen them airbrushed and plastic looking before which I really, super hate. 


For use in print, advertising or to use online without a credit I charge £35 per image and I may be open to doing a deal for 5 or more images. I retain the copyright for the images and they still can't be edited with filters etc. 


But, I know that it's hard being a small business and you may not have much of a budget for this sort of thing… I totally understand and I want to be able to support all you awesome businesses. Which is why I don't charge a penny for the following uses.   For websites and blogs there must be a linked credit on the page on which the image is used and for social media there should be a link to my page on whichever site that is. I don't mind cropping but other than that please don't edit the photo (instagram filters, airbrushing, the dreaded spot colour etc) in any way. 

twitter/instagram: @camerahannah

As long as the couple is happy with it, I'm happy for you to have your pick of the photos for this and take your pick from hundreds of images. 



This doesn't apply to all photographers, please bear in mind that some will charge for any use at all so please check with them first. But for me, I'm totally ok if you want to go ahead and use images this way.

Please let me know if you'd like the paid option and I can send you an invoice, or if you just want to ask any questions about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah! Couldn't agree more! When we use someone else's photos on our blog we always ALWAYS ALWAYS ask permission from the owner and always give credit with a mention and a link back to the website! It's common courtesy! Love your photos! Spotted you on Rock 'n' Roll Bride with the glitter dino wedding (how amazing was that?!) xx

    ReplyDelete